: My Comic Under Development: Eternal Pop-Corn!

Veepa
This is my comic, it's still in early development. I have 2 pages of 25(estimate) done already. Right now it's on a really crappy free server, so...yeah... You can read some of the character bios(not all of them are done)...Enjoy it...If you can...

The Site: www.freewebs.com/eternal-popcorn

PS: It's hand drawn

The Unknown Comic
eh, I think you need to value the speech bubbles and text a lot more. After all, this is over 50% of a comic.

more practice.

Veepa
eh, I think you need to value the speech bubbles and text a lot more. After all, this is over 50% of a comic.

more practice.

well, you are seeing the first 2 pages of the first comic, so what you are seeing is mainly introductions...And also the text is too small and needs to be re-sized

MagiZedd
Why does it look like you are drawing your characters straight from the dragonball series?

PokeGravy
Yeah, it seemed to look like Dragonball, too, and I don't even watch dragonball.

Veepa
Why does it look like you are drawing your characters straight from the dragonball series?

What the fudge are you talking about?! I know that Mayo might resemble Krillin just a bit, but I don't see any resemblences in the other characters...And it wasn't inentional I hate all the Dragon Ball series...

bjart23
Veepa, you might want to hold off on responding to people so they don't just write you off as a nut and don't give you the crits you want. It happens all the time here.

First, you've got an ok grasp on the camera angles/distance thing but you may want to exagerate that some more, especially if it would help with comedic effect. Panel one, page two, for example, could have been more dramatic at a lower angle. Right now everything but the last panel is head on. Also, the opening panel didn't seem to relate to anything?

Secondly, yeah, text need to be big enough to faciliate reading without headaches. And watch you comedy. Stuff like the text in panel one page one doesn't work as well written as it would spoken.

Veepa
Veepa, you might want to hold off on responding to people so they don't just write you off as a nut and don't give you the crits you want. It happens all the time here.

First, you've got an ok grasp on the camera angles/distance thing but you may want to exagerate that some more, especially if it would help with comedic effect. Panel one, page two, for example, could have been more dramatic at a lower angle. Right now everything but the last panel is head on. Also, the opening panel didn't seem to relate to anything?

Secondly, yeah, text need to be big enough to faciliate reading without headaches. And watch you comedy. Stuff like the text in panel one page one doesn't work as well written as it would spoken.

Okay you're right, sorry...I understand that they were just trying to give me some constructive critisizm...and as for your comments, I will consider some of your suggestions. And about the opening panel, I was trying to introduce this strange town to the audience, and show them where the characters are located. And I know that the text is too small, I typed it on an older computer which had a lower resolution...Thank you for taking your time to evaluate my work...Anyone else have any suggestions?

Mellonballer
I dont mind this comic except for two things. the text, that can be easily fixed. but the HAIR. I see hair like this all time time in comics and I dont know what the hell it is. is it manga or what? the two gigantic strands and then the huge hair above, I dont understand it.

Mellonballer
oh yeah and why doesn't the bald guy have a nose?

I didn't want the above to seem like an insult because it really wasn't. I think the art is very good. I see a lot of crap and I dont dislike this art one bit except for the anime thing.

Veepa

I didn't want the above to seem like an insult because it really wasn't. I think the art is very good. I see a lot of crap and I dont dislike this art one bit except for the anime thing.

Well my style was sort of inspired by anime/manga. And about the nose-less thing...for some reason I just decided not to draw the nose on any of the characters, it's not just Mayo(the bald guy), but some characters have the start of nose.

Veepa

And what's wrong with a little anime influence?

Mellonballer
I don't know why but a lot of anime and manga really bug me. I like akira books a lot but that may be because it does not do the extreme hair and eye anime thing. I guess I am just picky.

Veepa
I don't know why but a lot of anime and manga really bug me. I like akira books a lot but that may be because it does not do the extreme hair and eye anime thing. I guess I am just picky.

Yeah the Akira manga rocks. But you see my comic is a comedy so it exagerates some things. When I was first drawing out the concept of it, I was sort of making it an anime parody, and the characters were supposed to be like stereotype anime characters, but then my style sort of changed so it looked less like anime, but I kept the basic character design.