: Grace Sciuridae, 18, killed in a driving..... what?

Fallwind
http://www.elgoonishshive.com/d/20031010.html

ok, time for your mindless speculations... what kind of driving related event made way for the resident ware-squirrel?

i meen, there is no way it could be anything so boring as a driving accident is there?

Angelus Lupus
Could be. If she was the daughter of one of the scientists then she may have been included in the experiment as a way to bring her 'back'.
What with the project being secret I dont think the plot needs a sinister reason for the crash.
But then, I could be wrong

Tropylium
It must have been the murderous Hopping Chestnut! Imagine her shock when a solid tree suddendly appears in the middle of a highway... or the amazement of the witnesses when the tree suddendly yanks itself back to the nearby field. That's something you can't really prepare for. :Paranoid:

Shun the chestnuts, I say!! Chop them down, eat their seed, drown their pollen! Quick, before they'll eradictate us alllll!!

Kiro-Silence
Who knows, maybe the scientists who created her only created a mind for her, then implanted it into a body from someone who died named Grace... spooky

I agree KILL THE CHESTNUTS

Swarm
Killed in a driving koala's stomach?

Jake_Heritagu
My theory is that she was hit by another car that made her car hit another car, and the guy in the other car was drunk, and driving so fast that it cause Grace's car to flip, and to go over a big mountain where she was saved somehow, BEFORE the car hit the ground exploding into a million pieces. But thats just me.

Semaw
Killed in a driving blizzard.

Swarm
Killed in a driving rain.

Ven
Two hypothesiseses... sess.

A. Shade Tail is not Grace Sciuridae. The scientists gave her the form we know as 'Grace' using her DNA, merely to act as a 'cover' form when in public.

B. It's just another coverup, courtesy of the great Mr Verres.

Swarm
It all seems too well done to be the work of Mr Verres!

Bathe
Grace Sciuridae (GS) was a separate person from the Shade Tail (ST) we know. I belive that GS was one of the scientists daughters. She was killed in a horrible car crash. Her distraught father (Mother?) took some of her dna to work and offered it up for the next project. ST was born, never to know that she is not real, just ment to be a mediocre replacement for GS.

It would be interesting to know, if there were also corresponding "normal" people for Hedge, Vlad, Guineas, etc

Bathe
I actually hypothesised that that was true. But im leaning towards ST and Hedge being the only ones with human counterparts. This would explain their compassion and more human characteristics. That would give a good reason for the rest to be evil. See?

Tropylium
Dah, that's too convenient. And also naïve: "humans are good and animals are evil."

Too well done to be the work of Mr. Verres? Let's see, they have obviously the same facial features, almost the same name, died in a convenient accident... :rolleyes:

Katt-Laina
I've noticed something. Dan has been avoiding the main story and trying to avoid confronting the "brothers" alot. Whasup wid dat?

Swarm
He's been keeping the "brothers" thing as a dangling plot thread that allowed him something to do later, hence he's moving onto it now. This part of the plot may not be fully resolved by the end of "painted black" in the same way "Sister" didn't really deal with the issue of the Tedds.

Bathe
Well, wait. Im not saying animals are evil. I like all animals. But what im getting at is maybe GS and Hedge were the only ones based off of actuall people. The rest might have been test tube only. Synthesized Dna. The result gives a human apperance minus the human thinking. Im not saying that the animal side is evil. I just say that the Scientists playing Full powered creator on their own maybe caused the Evilness. Or they are all based off of humans and the scientists in charge of each one had different personallities that rubbed off on the experiments.

Palaner
Or perhaps the ones created without a human counterpart are jealous of those who were...maybe they feel empty without a past, even a past they cannot call their own.

Scraeling
Killed in a driving school by a carnivorous smurf?:classic:

Maybe? :ermm:

Swarm
Someone's been reading too much Sluggy :p

paintbrawler
YOU CAN NEVER READ TOO MUCH SLUGGY!!!!!!!!!!!! It is a sin if you read to little Sluggy. Just thought you would like to know.

Behold the Niftyness

Tropylium
Not everyone shares your religion, paintbrawler. My religion involves the mighty toad Valpuri who created the world two weeks ago on Tuesday and commands not to drink red wine with fish.

Scraeling
Well, they should.

Like it says on the main page:

Worship the comic! :rock:

Swarm
EGS first.

Then we shall worship the Sluggy.

and Bun Bun, with his systematic plan to take over the Holidays! mwuhahahaha!

King-of-Storms
Let's see...

The Grace from the paper is 18 years old...

So, if she was cloned and her DNA used for Shade Tail, that would mean anywhere between 16-18 years has passed (since the only other cast members are 17 years old and allowing her to look the same age as the others).

Now the question is that, if she was cloned, will anyone recogonize her as a girl who died 18 years ago? And, how would they react if they find out she shares the same name as a girl they grew up with?