: Interesting new webcomic

Mattocaster
Hey everyone, I have started a new webcomic called quirks. It's at http://matt.kaseorg.com/quirks/ and only has a few comics so far, but I'm trying to get a few peoples opinion. Please e-mail me with suggestions if you can. Thanks!

Matt

Glasko
This reminds me of "Pointless Online Comics" (without the constant referances to sodomy and anal asses). I reccomend thickening your lines and adding color.

The Unknown Comic
ya can't get much simpler than that.

Xelopheris
Wow, not only is it a crappy comic, but he doesn't even want to be bothered to come back here and check out what people are gonna say.

Trig13
Heh, I like it.

Zach Schleicher
Welp, it's time for me to go ahead and make a random contructive critique (and actually contributing to this board, OMFG). Art wise, there's a lot of work needed to be done. You can add some anti-aliasing around the linea to soften them up as well as adding some blends of shades to the objects to add some sort of light source. On the storyline... Uhm, it's something that's been used over and over, sorry to say. All in all: This could use a lot of work. Now I wonder why I want to take my time making a webcomic with MS Paint as a pixelist. -_-

samfish
this reminds me of that one guys comic that no one liked (myself includedi'm sorry to say)
it was a megaman sprite comic. umm...damn, what was it called? scotty-is-naughty or something along those lines. except atleast his is drawn by hand. props and credit have been given for that.

but yeah, you need quite a bit of work. if i were you, i'd take a weekend and read a bunch of comics. garfield, calvin and hobbes, foxtrot, get fuzzy. see what makes them work. both in the writing and the art department. and look at how the art and writing interact and enhance eachother.

also, i'd learn to draw. there are a TON of tutorials online about how to draw. personally, i would buy 2 sketch books. just draw the same thing in one of them everyday. in the other just try to draw whatever comes to mind. its a good way to track your progress.

either way, don't give up. if you really wanna do stuff like this, keep working at it.

...and no, we aren't going to e-mail you. i certianly don't plan to, atleast.

fiftyandhalifax
christ i hate webcomics.

Glasko
I love webcomics... but only a select few of gems.

Mr Demaree
christ i hate webcomics.

Agreed. Exactly what I was thinking.

claytonian
um...

Steve Hogan
Agreed. Exactly what I was thinking.

Oh now let's be honest. They would upset us at least as much if they were on the sides of buses like that Carrie girl from Sex in the City.

Xelopheris
Okay, I'm closing this since this guy is just pimping his site. His last activity is two minutes after posting this for christ sake.