: Other Aspects

DistAdvent
Well, I guess this is similar to the other post I had, although the rudimentary reponse intended is different. So, in our comics we usually always have one apsect that doesn't seem to compare with the others, or is not as prominent. This is usually because you believe it needs improvement to reach a relative status with the other aspects.

So, which aspect in your comic do you believe needs this? Yes, most comics do have this particular problem. Also, this sometimes can be considered an aspect that others see as good, although you consider it needing improvement then.

Zspade
Plot, I need some of that stuff. Just focussing on writing more than drawing would probably fix that, but then that would make writing the prevailant aspect, and leave drawing behind.

Maybe I'm not understanding what you mean by aspect, but that was my take on it.

Ooh, the other bad aspect, to many characters, too much chaos. Man... the whole comic is starting to look bad, other than the art... Why did you go and make me think about this?

Rao!
THAT is also what I need.

I have no less then five or six story arcs running around AT THE SAME TIME. Okay, so they are mostly related and some have common routs, but still.

The main thing that bothers me for now: inconstencies in the background.

Otherwise I'm happy for now...

Bowser
Clarity. It all makes sense to me, but I get the feeling some readers don't know what's going on sometimes.

Dinglemunch
Often times I'll use too much of the first panels (and sometimes the last panel!) working on dialogue that moves the story arc along, instead of keeping it simple and building up to punchlines. And sometimes, when I can't think of a way to make the strip funny, I will resort to having Steve do something "physical", like crashing into something or otherwise injuring himself, in order to squeeze out a laugh.

Ronson
Architectual integrity. A lot of my backgrounds show buildings and scenes that just don't quite work for me.

I'm working on that with the current issue, by using reference drawings of Florence.

Mellonballer
I think it's my art that needs work, but making a comic does give me a lot of practice.

rezo
Architectual integrity. A lot of my backgrounds show buildings and scenes that just don't quite work for me.

I'm working on that with the current issue, by using reference drawings of Florence.

I'm having this problem with something I'm working on. Well, preparing for it anyways, but I can't find any books of photographs of just low income residences and run down streets. The only thing I found remotely close to what I wanted was a book of real life small apartment interior. Sucks. =\

Dark Laith
My problem seems to be file size. I'm sure that's not my only problem, but at the moment that seems to be the biggest problem.

goonigoogoo
Art. This needs continual improvement, and although I've come a long way from where I started, it's still nowhere near to where I want to be.

And, like, backgrounds too...which is a subset of art I guess.

AlienHate
Hmm, I probably alienate a lotta people by switching between stories whenever the mood strikes me. Need to focus on one cast and one story until the end (which I'm just now doing). Artwork needs to improve. Writing could be sharper and funnier.

gooni: I like the shapes and solid colors you do in the background for BTC. Seems to suit the comic, if you ask me. I don't think it needs improvement.