: Story Guides - Under Construction, Couple Done!

DarkShive
I don't have a main page for story guides made up yet, but I do have two guides completed at the moment. I'll try to get some of the smaller stories done sometime soon, though Sister is going to take the longest. If you notice any mistakes, please point them out, but I don't want help making these beyond that.

Night Out Guide (http://www.elgoonishshive.com/guide_story_night_out.htm)
Tam eh Tedd Guide (http://www.elgoonishshive.com/guide_story_tam_eh_tedd.htm)*

The main page will explain the layout, btw. Hopefully it's pretty self explanatory... I will say that characters in bold are charcters introduced in the story in question, and that the numbers following the character and stuff correspond to the part they're in, and that (BG) next to a character name means that character is present, but doesn't really do anything other than be in the background.

* I'm aware that Tam eh Tedd needs some slight editing to the summary, namely making "mention" into "mentions", and noting somewhere that Uryuoms can shapeshift and gain forms.

Dark_Sword
So far it looks pretty good. It'll save the people who didn't see those comics or didn't really understand those sections. They'll understand those sections of the story without having to go through all the comics. It also points out who was in those comics, what forms were used and etc. It seems like a wise choice to make those. Keep em coming.

martinjh99
Nice - Can't wait to see the rest of then... :)

DarkShive
Tam eh Tedd's been fixed, and the main page is up. The guides should be reachable by the Sitemap now.

Ryvaken Tal`Draco
Nice, but personally I'd have focused on getting character profiles up and running before getting this sort of thing written.

Kspaz
Ahh, now we find out what the names are of the background charecters.

Ryvaken Tal`Draco
What?
*rereads guide*
Oooooo I missed that...

Kspaz
What?
*rereads guide*
Oooooo I missed that...

Look under Night Out for Melissa, and Bill

Bill must be Duck's friend (aka dude with the tiny hat)

And I'm assuming Melissa is the girl with the stylish glasses standing behing Sarah, and Elliot in the line for popcorn.

EDIT: I was wrong, Melissa (Justin's old girlfriend) is in the background of the comic where the group first gets to the movie theater. Shall I never find out the name of the mysterious line girl (with her stylish glasses)?

DarkShive
Nice, but personally I'd have focused on getting character profiles up and running before getting this sort of thing written.
Well you're not me :bunny:

Ryvaken Tal`Draco
True. This situation must be rectified. To the mind control device, Batman!

Kspaz
Holy hypnosis, Batman!

Semaw
Typo you might want to fix, Dan. Night out, part II, summary. 2nd sentence. 'When they right the doorbell, ...'

Diatone
here's another dan. in part 2, second paragraph you have "Once downstairs, Tedd zaps Grace into Claire, only Grace was expecting to become Tedd." i do believe those should be switched, since grace zaps tedd into claire...

[edit]
and in the Tam eh Tedd story in paragraph 3 you left out mention of the line "she's like a sleepy little ninja"....along with mentioning Tedd waking to find Grace in his bed...

DarkShive
here's another dan. in part 2, second paragraph you have Once downstairs, Tedd zaps Grace into Claire, only Grace was expecting to become Tedd. i do believe those should be switched, since grace zaps tedd into claire...
I wrote that part in such a fashion that it wouldn't be clear that they had switched until the next sentence or two... or that's how I intended it, at least. Yes, even the summaries try to keep you guessing... they're just quicker to give the answers.

Diatone
I wrote that part in such a fashion that it wouldn't be clear that they had switched until the next sentence or two... or that's how I intended it, at least. Yes, even the summaries try to keep you guessing... they're just quicker to give the answers.

ah...i see...

Swarm
Someone loves to mess with their readers methinks...

Semaw
I had to read that paragraph (in the story guide) a few times before I could follow it. It does make sense. Eventually.

Adama
Great work! And a few extra tidbits of info in there I wasn't aware of...

Typos:
Night Out, pt. 1, para 1: "she wishes to speak too" should be "she wishes to speak to".
Night Out, pt. 3, para 4: "wondered off" should be "wandered off".

level5nerd
"Dark blue"? Always looked jet black to me...

nathanpsych
Gillian, William, and their egg appeared as silhouettes.

Tropylium
I just browsed through the whole Night Out but did not find the uryuoms... so do you mean the silhouette bit in Tam Eh Tedd? I think the "silhouettes" bit is only important for characters who do not appear elsewhere.

Roxanne
Dan, if I could ask a question . . . I really like second-guessing the author when it comes to story-lines - well, everybody should have some kind of spectator-sport, I guess. :) If I read the story-guides, are there likely to be details that I wouldn't want to know, that would be spoilers for reading the upcoming comics?

Must admit my curiosity was too much for me, and I went and read the one for 'Tam eh Tedd' - and I do find I'm now thinking more about things that registered as background when I was originally reading the comic. Like, Elliot now knows Uryuomoco . . . And: there are two TF guns . . . What upcoming plot-twists hang on these . . . ? No, I'm not expecting a visit from the Answer Fairy - I'd rather speculate in a vacuum, it's more fun that way!

So, should I avoid the synopsis? Or will the story-guides just give me more material suitable for fruitless speculation? :)

Major Kerina
*chuckles* ^_^
That's really neat stuff Dan. Much appreciated. :)

Semaw
So, should I avoid the synopsis? Or will the story-guides just give me more material suitable for fruitless speculation? :)

Hang around the reaction threads and you'll pick up speculation on all those topics and more. While there are some items in the story synopsis that aren't immediately obvious from the comic, they are all at least background or deducible (sp?), and all have been discussed (often without resolution) in the reaction threads.

Roxanne
While there are some items in the story synopsis that aren't immediately obvious from the comic, they are all at least background or deducible (sp?), and all have been discussed (often without resolution) in the reaction threads.

Thanks. I might just stick with the reaction threads, in that case. One of the things I enjoy about EGS is its ability to surprise me, just when I think I've worked out what's going to happen. :)

Kspaz
Yay! New storyline guides! Here-> http://www.elgoonishshive.com/guide_story.htm

and I don't know if anybody's seen these, but there are also new small avatars here-> http://www.elgoonishshive.com/avatars_small_01.htm

71-hour Ahmed
painted black (http://www.elgoonishshive.com/guide_story_painted_black.htm)

:O_o: starting dates for "painted black". This confused me for about 5 seconds...

I hope Dan realises the workload hes making for himself with these guides...everytime he finishes a new bit, he has to do all this again.