: Daylight savings time?

eurleif
Will the comic still update at 1AM, or will it be 2AM because of DST?

Xero1
I expect dan runs on DST like the rest of us and must adjust to DST like the rest of us.

Angelus Lupus
And here in England, we've just gone from BST (British Summer Time = GMT+1hr) back to GMT

Swarm
Gotta love that extra hour of sleep :)

Steppenraptor
Indiana sucks! No DST here, so I have to stay up an hour later to get my comic goodness...

DarkBahamut
well........just the part you live in anyway Steppen
that part and all of Arizona are the only places i know of in the USA that decided not to have DST

of course i don't mind staying up an extra hour later

Prof_Sai
Hmmm. I had to turn off DST manually for the boards to get the right times. The auto setting didn't work. Maybe the boards are run from somewhere where DST stops on a different day?

Tropylium
So does DST mean you are going from the normal (solar) timezone one hour backwards during winter?

Here we instead have this thing called "summer time" which means that we also just got an extra hour of sleep, but we're in solar time now... meaning that we're one hour ahead during summer.
Which sucks big time. I ranted about this in the Random section already, but, what's the friggin' deal of having to rise at 5 instead of 6 if it's going to be dark as colamine (err, coalmine) even aroung 8.00? :mad:

Faye
dude you live in indiana too? What part, I live in West Lafayette.

Steppenraptor
dude you live in indiana too? What part, I live in West Lafayette.

Yup, Terre Haute for me.

DaveK
So does DST mean you are going from the normal (solar) timezone one hour backwards during winter?

Here we instead have this thing called "summer time" which means that we also just got an extra hour of sleep, but we're in solar time now... meaning that we're one hour ahead during summer.
Which sucks big time. I ranted about this in the Random section already, but, what's the friggin' deal of having to rise at 5 instead of 6 if it's going to be dark as colamine (err, coalmine) even aroung 8.00? :mad:

No, you go forwards one hour from your solar timezone during summer.