: What's good about my comic?

JoeGP
I've heard plenty of things that are bad about my comic. And I appreciate that kind of criticism. But what I'd like to know is what I'm doing RIGHT. It's hard to change things that are bad, but it's easy to continue something I'm doing good. And I'd like to know what's good so that I don't stop doing it. I think the first step to make my comic better is to continue on what's good about it. So if you could go to http://www.MattandTheo.com and tell me what you LIKE about it, I would greatly appreciate it.

Czarland Junky
Well, the layout is good. And the character design is unique.

samfish
well, the thing is, IMO, that there really isn't anything good about your comic. neither is there anything BAD. its just sort of...in the middle. i think if you would improve greatly upon most aspects of it, you'd have yourself a rather satisfying comic.

i don't know what people said was bad about it, and since you asked, i'm not going to say what i feel is, either; but you're basically about half way there.
as cliche as it sounds, just keep it up. you'll get there.

Zspade
Really I just think it needs more polish, and time to improve, like samfish said, nothing really wrong with it, just needs to evolve, as is the way with many webcomics.

Glasko
hrm.. I'd just take the good comments in with the bad. When you ask for critisizm be prepared for the bad comments, and those people will include the good ones when they got them. I get the feeling (no offense) that maybe you depend on positive critisizm to feel good about your work. Don't worry about that. Improve for yourself, because it's all about improving and pushing towards the greatest reachable goal.

Then, you have to remember that your work will never please everybody, and you will ALWAYS get negative comments. I wouldn't start threads asking for praise though ;)

Czarland Junky
Come to think of it, we can't really help by just giving positive feedback. I mean, you're asking us to nod approvingly so that you never have to change.

Akira_0864
Come to think of it, we can't really help by just giving positive feedback. I mean, you're asking us to nod approvingly so that you never have to change.Well JoeGP already heard the bad stuff, but did you change the bad stuff to the good yet? If not then, GET TO WORK!! If so then
Really I just think it needs more polish, and time to improve, like samfish said, nothing really wrong with it, just needs to evolve, as is the way with many webcomics.That is true for you.
Really, it looks pretty good though.

bugandslug
Jeff, what I'm digging most about your strip is that it has its own art style. If you do start changing things in an effort to be 'better', just make sure you don't alter MATT AND THEO to look more like anyone else's comic.

Every strip shows an effort to improve. Just keep at that and keep up the good work.

Hank
Let me chime in to agree with some others. The only things I can see that might possibly be construed as "negatives" are the kind of things that work themself out with time. Personally I already dig your comic quite a bit and I read it often. The art is unique(in a good way..love the character design and the shading) the site design is good, and the writing has really produced some gems in the short life of your comic. I think that it will only get better with time, so just keep at it because I enjoy it, and you were put on this planet for my amusement.

fyl
Whats good: I like the pumpkin stuff, I find argumentative in-animate objects funny, I don't know why. The art work is quality, just keep bangin 'em out... Bill Watterson and those guys worked for bloody years on strips b4 they were happy...