: Cafepress? Things of this nature?

Glasko
I know I've seen a few threads about this. I'm not even all that interesting in opening a store directly on my site, I just want to make up a few quality shirts/mugs maybe some large prints for... me :). Is CafePress and good? I've done some googling, but really, only people who have used the services can stand up for the quality. Thanks

Big_Evil
Cafepress sucks. The delivery is quick but the durability is lackluster at best. The print fades after about three washings. Also, they OWN any images you give them.

99 Dogs is pretty good quality but the delivery time equals the half life of plutonium. Overall the delivery system is disorganized as well. I recieved an email verifying my shirt had been sent AFTER it got to my door.

Elftor
Also, they OWN any images you give them.
no they don't. they have the right to use your images for cafepress promotions and such, but that's it. cafepress still sucks though. they make crappy products and keep nearly all the money for themselves

if you have a large enough customer base, just get a bunch of shirts printed at your local screen printing shop. if you don't have a large enough customer base, either wait until you do, or have the shirts printed anyway and hope you can sell them all eventually

Chris C.
Cafepress sucks. The delivery is quick but the durability is lackluster at best. The print fades after about three washings.

This was true when they first started but the quality has been 100 times better for over a year now. I still have shirts I ordered over a year (and many washings) ago and they still look very good.

claytonian
99 dogs charges high shipping, so I'm switching away from them

Big_Evil
This was true when they first started but the quality has been 100 times better for over a year now. I still have shirts I ordered over a year (and many washings) ago and they still look very good.
I had them make a shirt about 7 months ago. It was color on white. Like I said, faded after three washings. The black and white by itself stays true, though.

Reggie
yeah, cafepress is doing things much better now... I have an ozzy n milly shirt that i ordered about two years ago and it fell apart within a few months... but i know people who have ordered shirts from me recently and the printing is allot better and lasts.

Threeboy
I hate cafepress.

KCGREEN
zazzle.com has been doing me fine, so far.

Glasko
no they don't. they have the right to use your images for cafepress promotions and such, but that's it. cafepress still sucks though. they make crappy products and keep nearly all the money for themselves

if you have a large enough customer base, just get a bunch of shirts printed at your local screen printing shop. if you don't have a large enough customer base, either wait until you do, or have the shirts printed anyway and hope you can sell them all eventually

I'm not really even looking to sell on a mass scale, I more just want a few quality products for myself and a few others.

Zeek
this is limited to clothing merchandise, but you may wish to check domination t-shirts (http://www.dominationtshirts.com/).

some of my friends who do web comics of their own, sell their t-shirts and what not through them and they feel pretty happy with the service/quality/prices.

i myself have purchased from the distributor and it's reasonably well priced and the quality of the tshirts are top notch.

i may go by this distributor in the near future. so *shrugs*

samfish
zazzle.com has been doing me fine, so far.

yeah, zazzle is pretty good. i'm about to have some posters printed from them. then one downside, though, is that they have TERRIBLE customer service. i asked them a question and didn't recieve a response for over a week.

DistAdvent
Well, I would suggest to confine your products to having it created somewhere close to you. I know another person that attempted t promote and was considering using one of these already suggested places.

But, he instead decided to try somehwere close and they actually were able to contact him directly to enable the desired products to conform to his appeal. So, it just seems the more productive alternative and the product will probably be what you expected then.

Zspade
I used a local screen printing shop. All was good.

I'm actually getting ready to send out the first batch of T-shirts tommorow!