: Is this real?

CRS2117
I was reading the comments posted on the voting thing for EGS, and came up on these comments.

Name :
Talon

Email :

Comment :
I really like this comic, I spent a lot of time reading the archive, its a must to understand it. Its one of my favroite web comics to date, if you havent read it DO SO NOW!!!
Name :
Dan Shive

Email :
darkshive@hotmail.com

Comment :
Whoever made this comic is obviously a very disturbed individual.
Name :
DaveK

Email :

Comment :
Extremely weird comic. You have to read the archives to understand it. They do explain why it's called El Goonish Shive.

Dan seems quite nice and effemate to me.

Steppenraptor
I was reading the comments posted on the voting thing for EGS, and came up on these comments.

Dan seems quite nice and effemate to me.

I believe it's just Dan doing a bit of self-deprecating humor. From reading the comics and the fillers, he seems like the kind of person to have that sort of humor.

On the other hand, it could be an imposter, and it's just a coincidence that it seems like Dan...

Btw, what does effemate mean???

DarkShive
That post about me being disturbed was from me.

cow bell man
That's disturbing. ^_^

Shanara99
Why is disturbing? What's so bad about a disturbed author calling disturbed himself? :P

Hey.. It takes a lot of whatever is needed to make such a humor from oneself

Swarm
So Dan, how many of the other posts where made by you? What about the one with the little paradox?

Something that is "effeminate" has a feminine quality/qualities.

Ryvaken Tal`Draco
And you wonder why the bunnies love you. Must...write...lovepoem...

CRS2117

I'll be the judge of that :D

DarkShive
I'll be the judge of that :D
...but it was...

Swarm
Doesn't mean he's a good judge!

Desire
wow dans a schizo, in one life hes a normal kinda guy, in the second he's a rabid artist-on-acid who draws funky transformation themed comics, in the third hes a cheerleading squirrel girl

Ijuin
wow dans a schizo, in one life hes a normal kinda guy, in the second he's a rabid artist-on-acid who draws funky transformation themed comics, in the third hes a cheerleading squirrel girl

I sincerely doubt the "normal kinda guy" part. :D

Swarm
What's normality anyway? And who really wants it? Sounds boring to me...

patchwork cat
Nah that's not schizo, that's MPS and it's the only way to liive!
Heck, any artist who when faced with the opportunity to make a comment like that doesn't, isn't worth the salt... :jester:

Kspaz
What's normality anyway? And who really wants it? Sounds boring to me...

Well whoever he/she/it is they wear a size medium shirt, and are average at everything. Seems to me a normal person would be quite abnormal.

Desire
im normal but everyone i meet or hear about is a fucking psycho

yes YOUR THE CRAZIES!!! NOT ME! YOU CANT MAKE ME TAKE THEM PILLS!!!!

CRS2117
im normal but everyone i meet or hear about is a fucking psycho

yes YOUR THE CRAZIES!!! NOT ME! YOU CANT MAKE ME TAKE THEM PILLS!!!!

Finally! Another normal one. ~*snuggles desire*

Desire
awww *cute moment*
I HAVE A GUN
*end cute moment

CRS2117
*put safety latch on*

*carries on snuggling*

I go sleepy now.

Desire
now we have the same person for our avatar

AND NOW! WE ARE ONE! (lanches into exit music (for a film) by radiohead)

Swarm
You two really should meet on msn sometime...

*considers engineering a meeting*

Desire
im sorry that meeting shall not come to pass, for the end is nigh *holds his doomsday placard high and proud*

CRS2117
Come let us burn in the fires of armageddon together. Hehe, First time Iv'e heard "horticulturalists" used in a rap. Go Panacea!

CRS2117
now we have the same person for our avatar

AND NOW! WE ARE ONE! (lanches into exit music (for a film) by radiohead)

No wonder iv'e been feeling funny recently. Weird thoughts are in my head, and I think to myself "Why is reality so important? It's overated". They want you to think your in a reality, that way you can't levitate. Why are they trying to stop me from floating about? They cannot control my dreams however.

Tropylium
No wonder iv'e been feeling funny recently. Weird thoughts are in my head, and I think to myself "Why is reality so important? It's overated". They want you to think your in a reality, that way you can't levitate. Why are they trying to stop me from floating about? They cannot control my dreams however.

Reality has the uneven property of giving very few second changes. You leave reality, and coming back will be REALLY hard.
You know, you're still partially within this reality while sleeping.

Though.. would it be possible to dream while in coma? If you just don't remember them when you wake up?

Kat04
I believe it's very possible to dream in a coma. I don't know that much on the subject, but it seems to be like when you are sleeping and you don't remember what you dreamed.

Personally, I don't like to leave reality. I think I'm already crazy enough that I don't need to leave~I leave in my own way~like reading this comic! :jester:

~Kat~

CRS2117
Dreaming and semiconsciousness are things I don't think about, I let them happen. The thing I like about that half awake time before sleep is I can control my thoughts, then they drift off. Fortunatly I'm a very romantic person so it's normally nice thoughts.

Kat04
You're lucky you can control your thoughts like that...I try to, but if a nightmare-ish thought comes right be fore I fall asleep, I get scared I'm going to have a nightmare...I'm not a big horro fan if you can't guess! Usually though, I try to not to think about anything-that's how one gets stressed...

~Kat~

CRS2117
That's the essence of zen. However I like to think excessivly sometimes.

Desire
... you talk to much *slaps crs2117* yo my biach now

Swarm
Kat...something that might help you: usually, anything you think about just before drifting off to sleep, you will not dream about. After discovering this, I've managed to avoid having a nightmare for many years, despite getting hideously freaked out very easily.

CRS2117
... you talk to much *slaps crs2117* yo my biach now

Ooow! I'm a bitch for too many people!

I ain't complainin'.

Major Kerina
Poor Dan *pets kitty*

Desire
are you all stoned when you write this stuff

"iss jusss like, reality is like, whats REAL MAN and non reality is like um..ummm.ummmmm dude what were we talking about?"

you do all have the convosations of stoner tho

Swarm
...says "there's something up with batman/lara croft" Desire :p

Desire
HAY THOSE PEOPLE ARE A DANGER TO SOCIETY!!!! dontcha think that superheros are the CAUSE of the problem? encouraging other freaks to dress up in spandex and be mean, and what good does lara do except for genocide and freeing the odd insane god

Swarm
I was actually commenting on the "you all have the conversations of a stoner" bit :D

Tropylium
Personally, I prefer acoustic LSD. ;)

CRS2117
I'd prefer to see Desire levitate.

Major Kerina
People are diverse...especially creative people. We've got so many strange people inside us. I've got a psychotic, homicidal (well at first in the story) alternate universe Nazi soldier character named Major Kerina Ann Harris inside me. Granted she's not the nicest of the characters I like to write in stories. But it's pretty clear most of Dan's characters are at least to some extent a part of Dan. Thus why his avatar is a color average of the primary characters.

Bathe
My avatars are usally parts of me. For instance, the old fox crap one was a charater i created for a comic which i am changing around. Keitaro, I look like him. And if you caned me, Id be spam.
---
You know, we are not fully into reality. I sometimes force my brain to hit actual reality. It is highly depressing and scary. I will not post here what that normal reality is like unless asked with a promise not to dwell to heavily on it. For dwelling upon or in that reality, can depress you past goth...
Now im getting depressed. GAH! Need happy ppicture,

Tropylium
You know, we are not fully into reality. I sometimes force my brain to hit actual reality. It is highly depressing and scary. I will not post here what that normal reality is like unless asked with a promise not to dwell to heavily on it. For dwelling upon or in that reality, can depress you past goth...
Why do people believe that the "actual" reality needs to be depressing? Is sadness in some way higher than happiness?
IMHO the "real" reality, if there is such a thing, is a highly absurd place. E.g. is there any sense in this thing called gravity? I find it ridiculous, but it's there anyway so it's nice that I have gotten used to it. But what's the point in objects attracting other objects? Sheesh, next you'll probably tell that they bend light too. ;) :p