: Wasted Youth:An offensive sprite comic

Superunknown
Bah,me and my friends just started a webcomic. The site is just about in tact and weve got two comics up. Warning:Not for the average Joe Lieberman. www.wastedyouthcomic.com Any suggestions? Comments?

Schmoo
Warning: Don't start flaming them when they critique you harshly, it will just make things worse.

Superunknown
Beleive me,I wont

Superunknown
No cheesy "UR A FAGZ AND UR COMIC SUX" yet eh?

rezo
No cheesy "UR A FAGZ AND UR COMIC SUX" yet eh?

I suppose someone will say it at some point, but only as an obligation to prove your prescience or something.

chikin
And yeah, give it longer than 10 minutes. Maybe someone's writing something REALLY LONG. :D

Superunknown
Haha,I see.

Ethane
Don't use the jpeg format to save your stuff in, it doesn't suit bitmap-style art at all and just makes your files even bigger while making them look terrible from the artifacting. Use GIF or PNG.

I wouldn't call it a sprite comic because I don't see Sonic, Mega Man, a pot-smoking Mario, a lesbian Samus, or a ridiculous "credit" to the nobel laureate who originally "ripped" (do not steal!!!1!one!) said sprites. Seems like you do all your own original stuff.

I don't see what's so offensive about your comic.

Superunknown
Id be suprised at how long someone can go with "ur a fagz"

Superunknown
Hm. Your not one of the easily offended. Ive been flamed on countless boards just for the warning page. And yes.I do know the graphics look messed thanks to that. I hear PNG takes up more space then the usual gif though. O_o

Ethane
Hm. Your not one of the easily offended. Ive been flamed on countless boards just for the warning page. And yes.I do know the graphics look messed thanks to that. I hear PNG takes up more space then the usual gif though. O_o

Your sources are mistaken, PNG was invented as an improvement over GIF. However, it depends on what bit depth (max colours in the image) you save your picture at. For instance, a PNG saved at 16.7Million colours (24 and 32bpp) will most likely be larger than a 256 colour GIF (8bpp). However, an 8bpp PNG will probably be smaller than the GIF.

Superunknown
Oh I see

Chris C.
Ehh...I think the writing could use work (granted, it's hard to tell from two strips) but the site is clean and it looks like the art is original so no complaints.

Rabid Fan
See, we are a nice bunch :) No one here will be calling you a fag, right guys?!

Baron Von Waffle
If I were you, I would ditch the whole warning page. It's just lame. People will like it or hate it, the warning gives me the impression that you're going out of your way to do those things, which if it's true will make for a really sucky comic. You might keep a "mature content" warning up, or an "immature content" as the case may be. Also, the writing could use some polishing up. Read it out loud to yourself and ask yourself if it sounds natural at all. I also recommend brushing up on your punctuation. Really bad punctuation errors can render a comic unreadable.

Oh, and you're a fag. ;)

Superunknown
Ah,as the warning page was not my idea. And Yes I should work on the punctuation. What you have there is a solid response..from a FAG! >.>

Monkey
Your sources are mistaken, PNG was invented as an improvement over GIF. However, it depends on what bit depth (max colours in the image) you save your picture at.
As an aside, the main reason many people think that PNG is worse than GIF is because Photoshop is crap at doing PNGs.

Superunknown
I have made it to number 94 and posted a new comic.
Send your check to the usual address ;)

Superunknown
Holy HELL Im number 29

Steve Hogan
"Homophobism" isn't a real word unless your first two initials are GW.

Superunknown
I didnt write up the warning,lad.