: At least I lasted a year. Sticky & Blob-o Ends

Stickmaster Brad
Yep, it happened. The flame has died, the wind has settled, the clichés have ended. Sticky & Blob-o started to become a chore, un-fun, and boring. Now, some may blame this on the fact that the last 70+ comics were on a parody of something else, but I think not. Ever since this summer, I felt that the comic was getting less and less fun. Well, I detail the main reasons why I quit on the final comic.

So, I'm hanging up S&B at 325 comics. Do I regret it? No. Will I continue making comics? Later.

Mmmyep..... Wow, I didn't type a lot. Someone ask questions so I feel like I didn't half-ass my own quitting!

MaRiNe
Love you like a brother, can't help but actually cry like a 10 year old girl at this news.

King-of-Storms
Boo! Boo!

It is true, no news is good news :(

Well, all I can say is I hope you get back into the webcomic game as soon as you feel your ready...

Litazia Tanxashira
That sucks, man :(

The Unknown Comic
I can relate, brother.

Hope to see ya again.:D

samfish
yes, don't be a stranger, mr. ranger.

Stickmaster Brad
Ah yes, I'll still hang out here, I'll participate in fusions too, heh.

Zspade
I swear, the fatality rate for comics is really getting high. Sad to hear the news.

Stickmaster Brad
Hey yeah, what's up with that? It's like it's the 90's and all the old 80's icons are dropping dead or being seen in old phone commercials.

Danno
It's like it's the 90's and all the old 80's icons are dropping dead or being seen in old phone commercials.
Yeah, I've been perplexed by that too. There's no way Richard Dean Andersen is hurting for money with the success of his Stargate series, and John Stamos's supermodel/actress wife is rolling in the dough from the X-Men movies. Both of these guys have plenty in their bank accounts, so why are they doing the kind of TV commercials reserved for bankrupt has-beens? Then again, I suppose it's not as if they're doing late night infomercials, like ol' Tom Bosley.

Er, yeah... back on topic: Your comic really had some decent humor going for it. As much as it pains me to admit this, I probably would have read it more often if it hadn't been so... MS Paint-looking. (Yes, it's hypocritical, considering the simple graphics of my own strip). But the humor was there, and I'm hoping you'll eventually do a project with some other type of imagery. It doesn't have to be hand-drawn; Heck, I'm a big fan of minimalist stuff like Weebl. Just play around with other styles, enjoy yourself while you're not on a regular update schedule, and I'm sure you'll come up with something original-looking and cool that compliments your type of humor.

Whatever you do, good luck.

goonigoogoo
Sorry to hear you ended your strip! Maybe someday down the track you'll pick it up again or start anew

Stickmaster Brad
I am starting a new comic, that was my goal since the beginning.

I knew I was going to end S&B one day. It was my starting comic, my test-project, so to speak. I wanted to try out different types of humor, drawing styles, and personalities for characters. Looking back, 325 comics are pretty good to review and see how I did, what I did, how it worked, etc etc etc. Based on responses, I can build up on that.

The reason the comic was SO minimalist (small page size, MS Paint, no word bubbles) was because I didn't want to put too much effort into it, knowing I'm just going to quit it. I know that sounds kinda asshole-ish, but if I started using more correct and more "nice-looking" ways of making the comic, then it would be too much effort to make the comic, which was not my goal. I wanted to see how well I could tell a story, make a parody, communicate characters, make something trademark, make someone laugh, that's it.

Now, when I start my new comic, it'll of course have speech bubbles, bigger page size, less characters, more of a linear plot, and all that other uppity goodness we've come to expect in most comics.

Thanks for all the feedback, it was fun while it lasted.