: Involved in a Comic

DistAdvent
Well, I recently began exploring some sites and was surprised to see that a lot of them had many support. These all seemed to be people who either knew the creator or they didn't seem to have a comic.

So, I was wondering if you become involved with the site you visit. I know this is something I need to improve on then.

skoolmunkee
I always encourage my readers to e-mail me, AIM me, put something in the shoutbox, say something on the forums, etc. :3 My contests usually involve getting a customized cameo in an actual comic. It's true that a lot of people I knew online already read my comic, but there are also a lot of people who I never knew that get really involved. Soooo if that's what you're talking about, as far as the receiving end goes.... I consider that support.

I don't know that I really support other sites quite as much. I'll do guest strips or fan art sometimes, but usually I just IM with other creators and such. I'm not one to really donate money or anything.

goonigoogoo
I try to spread the publicity around and bring attention to new strips that I think have promise, but I don't do it for people who are obviously only emailing me for traffic.

I also try and keep an active prescence in irc, forums, and reviews/comments sections

skoolmunkee
I named one of Gooni's characters. Is that involved?

Steve Hogan
I secretly move into the homes of creators I like and go through their personal belongings while they're away.

samfish
i barely have time to read other web comics, further more partake in site activites.
...but somehow, i've amassed, like, 715 posts here...hmm...

but i did, on tuesday, post on the AMD forums giving my advice about printers. i guess that counts.

Steve Ince
I secretly move into the homes of creators I like and go through their personal belongings while they're away.
Damn! I'm going to have to do something to offend you quickly. Erm...

By the way, was that you that moved my bird table around by 45 degrees? I came home from work and there it was, moved. I don't think the blue tits are strong enough.

Steve Hogan
Damn! I'm going to have to do something to offend you quickly. Erm...

By the way, was that you that moved my bird table around by 45 degrees? I came home from work and there it was, moved. I don't think the blue tits are strong enough.

Yeah, it was in my way. Could you pick up some more hot pockets when you go to the store?

Steve Ince
No.

Steve Hogan
Don't make me eat the birds.

Steve Ince
That's the job of the cats. All they cats round here are my friends.

They said so.