: My Site - Your Opinions

Jamie McG
Click the link in my sig to see it. I'd really like some opinions...and also some link exchange, if anyone's interested.

However, I don't want to hear about the character's really daft big grin in the early comics, or how bad "batteries" is. :) Anything else is fine!

Dinglemunch
I took a very quick look at it, thought it was pretty cool...I can't critique it further right now, but I'll update this post with my thoughts when I get home...

Edit: Okay, I've had a chance to go through the comic archives, and I've watched one of the movies. I don't have a tremendous amount of comments, so here are the few observations I had...

1. This isn't necessarily a complaint, but I think that there are a lot of episodes that I simply didn't get because the material is too "inside joke" to possibly understand. The reason I don't find fault is that there are a lot of comics that cater to their audience, and I sense that your comic was produced primarily to entertain your school mates, and possibly a few others. I think that as you begin to spread the word about your work, you'll find that you will want to make your themes a lot more universal, even if it means inventing a whole new comic.

2. It's a decent idea to have some comments about each comic, as it can give the reader a bit of insight into where you are coming from in your writing/drawing process. But there's far too much self-congratulation--comments which essentially say, "This one sure is clever," and, "I definitely did an extremely good job of drawing this episode because I am extremely talented," might make you feel good about yourself, but it kind of turns other people off. But that might be the way you and your mates talk amongst each other, so I sort of lump this in with the first point about inside jokes.

3. There is a lot of fourth-wall violation, much more than I personally would find acceptable. Usually, addressing or acknowledging the audience is a cheap humor device used by people who don't feel that their comic's world and characters can be plausible on their own merits. Most fourth-wall jokes have already been done (and overdone) in one form or another, and not recently, either. Comic strips like Ziggy, Doonesbury and Bloom County were doing this long before you were born. But to each his own.

4. What in the heck is a Fruit Pastille? :)

5. "Batteries". I wish I could crack the code on that one, but alas, I simply do not have the power. *badoom-tssh*

SuicidalCow
i like the movies, though sound wouldn't hurt.

Jamie McG
i like the movies, though sound wouldn't hurt.
Please - don't talk about the films! They're only kept on because the other guys love them so much.

In responce to Dinglemunch:

1. Yes, it was produced originally to be watched by people in the cartoons, and I have got some thoughts about a new comic, but I really like this one! I like the way I can go in any direction I want, at any time.

However, I've stopped doing inside jokes now (I mean, now - as I'm writing this message), and I've only just started promoting it.

2. No trick there...I'm just REALLY full of myself.:)

3. I've never thought about that, but there is a lot. It's because the comic is in the real world, I suppose.

4. It's a type of sweet...round, and fruity. Comes in tubes.

5. It's just bad, OK! I said not to mention it! :'(

Dinglemunch
1. Yes, it was produced originally to be watched by people in the cartoons, and I have got some thoughts about a new comic, but I really like this one! I like the way I can go in any direction I want, at any time.

However, I've stopped doing inside jokes now (I mean, now - as I'm writing this message), and I've only just started promoting it.

4. It's a type of sweet...round, and fruity. Comes in tubes.

5. It's just bad, OK! I said not to mention it! :'(

1. That's good. I dig the artwork, and I think it has potential to be universally funny, so I'll be sure to keep checking back.

4. Tubed fruit. Sounds...tubey.

5. I couldn't help myself with the battery pun. Charge me with a crime if you must...*groans*