: What would YOU look like in EGS?

cyberseth
I had posted this in another thread, but I thought it deserved its own topic! :D

How would you look as an EGS cartoon character?
Here's mine..

GrimDark
A furry fox with a fringe of hair that comes down over one eye... That's me!! Ok, so I'm not a fox person in real life... Bah, don't burst my bubble.

Swarm
Well if it suits you ;)

As for me...look at Tedd? :D

Well, I wear different clothes, but still.

Ryvaken Tal`Draco
I look like Binky the dyslexic monkey.

Xero1
If i had my choice i'd look like jeremey. If i didn't i would look like a quasi-elliot...

RBL_M1A2Tanker
I had posted this in another thread, but I thought it deserved its own topic! :D

How would you look as an EGS cartoon character?
Here's mine..

Hell if I know. Someone would have to make one for me. (Any takers? :D)

cyberseth
You'd have to send or post a photo, and I'll try to convert it into a character.

RBL_M1A2Tanker
You'd have to send or post a photo, and I'll try to convert it into a character.
Only one? I've got at least three you can work with uploaded already.

http://rblm1a2tanker.com/Other/I_Jedi.jpg
http://rblm1a2tanker.com/Other/Karate4.jpg
http://rblm1a2tanker.com/Other/me.jpg

(Always good to have more than just one thing to work off of. :D )

Palaner
Here's a good approximation of myself.

cyberseth
Ok, here's your pic, M1A2TANKER!...

RBL_M1A2Tanker
lol, alrighty, that works. :) That's pretty good.

**saves it for future use**

Liam Slider
Mine doesn't need to be converted either...Silent Bob has already made a cameo... Seriously, I can look freakishly like him. Truely frightening. The only thing I'm missing is....well, a foul mouthed little chucklehead.

Ivellios
Like this.

terribleRobbo
Damnit, if only I could borrow Dexter from GPF. :D

Tropylium
Here's a rendition of myself, based on the C&P sprites. I took some liberties with the hair color (since EGS seems to permit all fancy sorts of them) but othervise this is a fairly accurate picture. :)
(If there's a black border on the right, it's something that stuck there and wasn't willing to disappear.)

Xero1
I don't like the idea of posting a pic of myself here and i can't draw in dans style. so later i'll post a pretty accurate self portiat for some one to modify (later being when my art teacher feels like giving it back)

Jake_Heritagu
Here's what I look like (But I don't think it looks good as close as I wish I could get it) from the elgoonish shive copy and paste filler. (I threw in a sword for no reason)

RBL_M1A2Tanker
That's a big sword....how does he stand there and not fall over? ;)

Jake_Heritagu
I honestly haven't a clue...

Xero1
That's a big sword....how does he stand there and not fall over? ;)
well it could be stabbed into the ground... well anyway here is the self portriat if anyone can make it into egs it would be much appreciated.

edit : becuase you can't tell on a sketch
skin tone: pale
eyes: blue
hair: brown

doodler
Xero, that is a frikin awesome sketch. You should do more in pencil like that.

I got kinda carried away with mine. Drew it in five minutes, then spent an hour and ten minutes inking and coloring. And I don't think I quite got Dan's style right.

Badshot No.1
That is 1st class

I know not what I'd look like, and I can't draw.

Xero1
thanks for the complement doodler, but I kinda had the real thing to work with (myself). but i'll try (i spent 2 hours on just my shading).
as for yourself. nice... though dans style has bigger eyes. the glasses are great magnifying the eyes behind them. probably the best 5 minute sketch i've seen.

doodler
Like I said, it took me an hour and fifteen minutes. Only the base pencil sketch was done in five minutes.

Well anyway, it can help your speed a lot if you only draw the lines. But that requires having a very exact picture in your mind's eye.

Illjwamh
In all honesty I'd look pretty much like Elliot, only with shorter hair.

level5nerd
Imagine Elliot with a "hey, look, I'm a psychotic hobo" haircut, and some slight "hey, look, I forgot to shave for the past three days" facial hair. Then give him "hey, look, I'm one of those stuck-up hippies from NYC" glasses, then take away all his muscles and melanin. That's pretty close.

Zephir
One word: Fugly. :(

Or maybe this'd work? :Puzzled:

CRS2117
I shudder to think what'd happen if I was in EGS in any way. I'd be portrayed as some sort of eccentric pervert.

As for looks, Justin (although I think I'm taller and definatly bigger than him, although I havent seen his muscle tone. It doesn't look much) but with duller hair and more "loose".

His seems to be in a permanent curtain, mine at the front is shorter than that but I'm growing my hair. So I'm in a stupid transitionary stage.

Xero1
i would be portrayed as someone acts out of complete randomness, shows high respect for girls (also slightly afriad when they show physical affection), and (despite looking somewhat ugly) somehow attractive. its a wierd mix i know and it doesn't look like it would work and truthfully it doesn't...i usually end up confused and twitching.

doodler
I'd be the creepy guy in the background who keeps looking at the camera.

Zakane
I am to fast to be seen so yeah *zooms* =P

CRS2117
I'd be the creepy guy in the background who keeps looking at the camera.

May I join you?

doodler
Sure! The more the merrier!
*stares at the camera* :indiffere

CRS2117
*Also stares at camera, but starts to giggle*

I think it's going to outstare me.

level5nerd
A little like...

Chrysicat
just Shive-ise my avatar (http://beta.hometown.aol.com/jessicaraven333/myhomepage/chrysicat.jpg), and get me...
as for my RL form thanks to the current lack of anthros actually running around in the world, well, that would be like this... can someone Shive-ise one of these for me please...?

Tropylium
We're going for "what would your character be like" now?

I'd be the wandering and slightly elusive guy who seems to be always satisfied with everything for no particular reason and seems to have memorized two or three dictionaries.

RBL_M1A2Tanker
Really? So your character could say the definition of....oooh.....how about....crupusculor (probably mispelled hehe)? :D

Tropylium
Um... not my native language. :)

RBL_M1A2Tanker
Drat...foiled again. I'll never find out what that word means...;)

What would my character be like? Probably a cave dweller surrounded by computers, weapons, and trying to build his own tank out of superglue and color pencils...

Or something like that. :D

Weaselon
Ten minutes with the now classic cut n paste filler (and a few modifications) and I give you guys a fairly accurate Shive-esque version of myself.
I debated using fushia for my hair, but as it is currently it's boring normal brown, I resisted the urge.
I'd have drawn something, but it wouldn't have looked as much like Dan's stuff.
You can compare this with that shifty looking Jedi in my avatar. =P

RBL_M1A2Tanker
That's cool...wait...**takes a closer look at the avatar**....bah, blasted thing's too small to really compare.

But anyways, it's still cool. :)

doodler
just Shive-ise my avatar (http://beta.hometown.aol.com/jessicaraven333/myhomepage/chrysicat.jpg), and get me...
as for my RL form thanks to the current lack of anthros actually running around in the world, well, that would be like this... can someone Shive-ise one of these for me please...?

"Shivised" might be the wrong word. Maybe "Doodlered."

RBL_M1A2Tanker
Do do other requests Doodler?

doodler
I'm not good with requests. There's too many things I'd rather be doing than spending an hour and a half drawing a picture for someone I don't know and probably will never meet.

I usualy only do request type-things if I take a personal enterest. For example, drew ChrysiCat for three reasons.

I had tried drawing her avatar before with horrible horrible results and wanted to try again.
I had been meaning to try out Dan's style again.
I was bored

Sorry. There's always the filler comic.

RBL_M1A2Tanker
Ah ok. Was curious.

cyberseth
I bet there's another reason why you did the pic. It's why you did such a good job on her bum, and the suggestive jumper-hanging-over-the-shoulder routine. ;)

:edit: Never mind, I didn't see the original pic, where both mentioned features already exist!

doodler
She has the bum of a supermodel.
Literally. I found a picture of a supermodel in almost the same exact pose and copied(not traced) the legs and the bum.

That's a nice word, bum. Bum bum bummity bum bum. bum.

doodler
Tanker, I got bored again. Please forgive any fudged details on the tank or your uniform.
If anyone wants to color this please do.

mirror_merkinball
I would look a lot like Pat from SNL (does anyone know who I'm talking about?) only "EGSinized" (making up words is fun!) so I look cool and not as androgynous.

and for the record, I am, in fact, MALE!

RBL_M1A2Tanker
Tanker, I got bored again. Please forgive any fudged details on the tank or your uniform.
If anyone wants to color this please do.
LOL, damn man, ya didn't have to lol. I would have gladly paid a commission. :)

And seeing as you did it on your own, I really don't have much of a leg to stand on to complain about anything.

It's an excellent piece man. That puppy is going on my website...just as soon as you put your nom de guirre (or however you spell it...blast my lack of French words!) to it. Have to give credit where it's due after all. :)

Man..I feel like such a tall guy now looking at myself. **head/ego inflates** ;)

CRS2117
Do you draw inanimate objects or do you prefer persons?

doodler
Both, but I'm probably better at people. I haven't drawn much scenerey since I stopped doing my comic back in September.

You're welcome Tanker. You would have paid? It wouldn't be worth more than five dollars. My name is Nicholas Drake, email at doodler@optonline.net.

Xero1
meh, i'll color it, doodler. i still need my portriat gooned, but i guess i could try it myself but it'll take a while and 500 pages of nice blank paper before i get it anywhere near my liking.

Edit: and after 1/3 of a hour here is Tanker colored

RBL_M1A2Tanker
Point was still the same Doodler. Either way, I greatly appreciate it. :)

Hmmm....you based the vehicle on a Paladin right? Or was it something you pictured in your mind would be a tank?

Now I only wish I could draw BDUs that good....must keep practicing hehe.

doodler
Okay, your welcome.
The tank came from my idea of a generic tank, combined with a couple details that I remember from a show I saw on the Discovery channel that detailed the history of tanks.
What's a BDU?

Xero, that's nice. Thanks.

Kspaz
BDU = Battle Dress Uniform

aka fatigues or camoflauge uniform.

Jeez four years in the army and I still can't spell camoflauge.

RBL_M1A2Tanker
I've got five years in and only with spell checker can I spell it...I think.

Test: camoflauge. Spellchecker says...:
Camouflage

Drat...was wrong.

That's pretty good for just a generic image from your mind. Looks a lot like the real thing (hence my Paladin comment). Granted a Paladin isn't a tank, but that's neither here nor there. It's still good for someone making it from their mind (wish I could do that...). :)

Just curious, have you taken art classes, or is it just a natural talent?

doodler
Nope, no real art classes. Just lots and lots of practice.

Dacheran
Well, to bring this thread back on topic (and in a blatant attempt to make myself seem cooler) I tried to draw myself (as in myself, not my character) EGS style.

Suffice to say it didn't turn out too well. (The head's too flat, among other things.)

Ah well... it's not Too bad. I should finish it anyways. And color it... but I probably wont.

RBL_M1A2Tanker
Well, to bring this thread back on topic (and in a blatant attempt to make myself seem cooler) I tried to draw myself (as in myself, not my character) EGS style.

Suffice to say it didn't turn out too well. (The head's too flat, among other things.)

Ah well... it's not Too bad. I should finish it anyways. And color it... but I probably wont.
That looks really good. Little touch up work and it would perfect (my opinion of course). :)

I'd try coloring. Might try it anyways just to see what I get.

Xero1
and here i am... i know i have absolutly no fashion sense (painfully so... so i'm told) i got annoyed with trying to draw it so i resorted to Gimp.

Dacheran
Merf. I decided to go for it and try coloring my... EGS self portrait? Not sure how I like the result, or if it's any better at all, but... eh.

I was going to do full body, but I'm to lazy to make the process feasible.

Maybe I should make it bigger...

EDIT: Yeah, I was right before. The head's too flat/short.

Swarm
I think that's turned out really nicely, colour did you a whole world of good :)

doodler
I would look a lot like Pat from SNL (does anyone know who I'm talking about?) only "EGSinized" (making up words is fun!) so I look cool and not as androgynous.
"Pat but cool" is an oxymoron, but I tried anyway. It probably doesn't look a thing like you.
The coloring I did was quick and sloppy so I'm putting up the line art too incase anyone else wants to give it a shot.

Kat04
I would look like Nanase, except my hair is shorter (getting close to all the same length) and it's brown instead of red and I have semi-diamond shaped glasses. Oh, and I'd be a half fox! My character would probably be like Grace, but not as innocent!

edit: I didn't think I'd get to a scanner, but I did, so here is a pic of me!

~Kat~

Emoore
I'll post a Shive-styled drawing of myself when I'm feeling less burnt-out for the day. For now...

http://web.utk.edu/~emoore2/art/PirateEnZ.jpg

Basically, smooth out the lines and colors a lot, and make me not-a-pirate, and you've got "E(GS)moore." Oh, and I suppose you'd also have to move my mouth into the middle of my jaw, so as to be less anatomically impossible and everything. Ya know, if you really wanted to...

Kspaz
I jsut realized I hadn't posted on here, (I thought I did but evidently I'm having a case of premature-alzeimer's or something similar) so here's an EGS charecter I look something like, since I can't draw.

CRS2117
This is cool, essentially a lot of people trying to copy someones style that was partially influenced by anime that in turn was partially influenced by Betty boop's eyes.

Tropylium
Everything has precedessors; is there something wrong with that?

Kat04
Well, Dan's style is kind of like my own style. My style of drawing is influenced by anime and Daria (MTV). I just change the way the eyes are drawn. It's amazing how much that little detail can change how a character looks!

~Kat~

CRS2117
Yay! Someone else mentioned Daria in a non negative light!

*optimistic mode activated*

Emoore
Well, I already posted this in my attempts to start this topic anew on the Keenspot board, but, just for the hell of it...

http://web.utk.edu/~emoore2/art/EGSmarandZeb.jpg

Swarm
Emoore, I never fail to enjoy looking at your art ^_^

CRS2117
I'm sure I replied "That shrew reminds me of Ronald Rat" But it's still 133tness.

Emoore
I'm sure I replied "That shrew reminds me of Ronald Rat" But it's still 133tness.

You did. And Kat posted a pic of herself, so the thread sorta got keenspot-i-tized successfully. But like I said, I just felt like posting it in the place I'd originally made it for.

Speaking of Ronald Rat, the only thing of that I found on Google was a Beatrice Potter character. Is that who you reffering to, or is there some cartoon rat I'm unaware of?

Major Kerina
I could offer a good example but I'm still coy on keeping that under wraps ;)

Bathe
Emoore. Emoore. YOU ARE ONE HELL OF AN ARTIST! First the Drape Incident in F'nart! AND NOW THIS! sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.

CRS2117
You did. And Kat posted a pic of herself, so the thread sorta got keenspot-i-tized successfully. But like I said, I just felt like posting it in the place I'd originally made it for.

Speaking of Ronald Rat, the only thing of that I found on Google was a Beatrice Potter character. Is that who you reffering to, or is there some cartoon rat I'm unaware of?

Ronald Rat was something of a celebrity puppet rodent here (That be England) in the late 80's.

Tiamat
This is about as close as i can get trying to render myself EGS like. As a newb i thought this would be a good way to introduce myself (so... HI!). And yes that orange color is from the color of the paper which... is a long story. The original scan was over 1 meg, and after cropping it was still over the size limit so the white you see is a little bit of color cleaning i did in hopes the file size would drop. I also had to crop off the (multiple) titles i had for the thing, which is sad. Anyway, I'm going to look for a TF gun and try to draw myself in the possibilities. There's a new challenge for the thread.

Tiamat
I guess the TF gun was set for Female varient 1, cause this one ain't no venus. No laughing though as this is my first attempt to draw a female form and only the second attempt at any form in EGS style. You should be able to see Nioi, Nanase, a little bit of Sarah, and lots of my previous pic here. This one isn't perfect, i guess i need more practice. Tell me what you think!