: Speaking of lasting a year...

Dinglemunch
When I started drawing Joel and Steve, I truly believed that it would be therapeutic for me in one regard: To try and help me actually continue something I start. This is a huge problem for me when it comes to creative endeavors; I can't count on 4 hands and 8 feet the number of projects I've given up on over the years.

And now, I've been working on the same comic for a whole year! With due respect to those who have been drawing their comics for years and years, this milestone is a huge accomplishment for me. Just as mentioned in the other thread, the burnout rate for comics seems to be getting speedier, and I fully expected myself to fall into that category.

Alas, my characters still have life. But one thing's changing: They're actually heading home! And I'm debating whether or not to take a week off, so I can plan out the direction for Year 2.

Any suggestions?

Edit: Actually, I just made a decision regarding taking a week off: I'm gonna wait until the week before my one-year Bollox-versary, which I believe is Jan. 20.

Eddache
Happy Birthday Joel & Steve! Congrats!

Yeah, Jan 20th seems a good day to launch your year 2 - after all, it would be Bollox's 2nd birthday!

Akira_0864
Happy Birthday!
And may more comics have the stamina to last beyond year 2!

PokeGravy
Congrats on the milestone! One year is big, because it does sorta symbolize that you're in for the long haul. Great work!

chikin
Congrats, man. :D Staying at if for that long is something to be proud of, kinda like being a member of the mile-high club, only more geeky, and with less sex. :/

coinilius
Good work reaching a year! :)

The Unknown Comic
All of us are richer for having J+S around for another year.

Reggie
just out of curiosity, is it common, in canada, to display a date with the day before the month? Because where I'm standing, yr banner says that yr comic will end on july 11.

Eddache
just out of curiosity, is it common, in canada, to display a date with the day before the month? Because where I'm standing, yr banner says that yr comic will end on july 11.

i guess it is. and in Britain too. back on topic please.

The Unknown Comic
it is.
it is also flexible here. No one has really set it in stone.

Don't worry, it is November 11, 2003.

Bowser
We of the US are the only ones to put the month first, I think. It makes more sense the other way though... We're also the only country not using the metric system. If it weren't for the US, inches, feet, miles & gallons would all be something of the past.

Speeking of miles & gallons... Congradulations to you, Joel & Steve for being at it a full year.

Zspade
Wouldn't that be a milestone bowser? Anyway Congrats on the one year... Huh, we started pretty close to the same time.

Dinglemunch
All of us are richer for having J+S around for another year.I'm richer for having gotten to know all of you this year. :cheers:

PokeGravy
Just went and read through a bunch of your archive. It was really the first time I'd seen much of your stuff, but now you have a new reader! Love the strip!

Litazia Tanxashira
A big heartfelt congratz to Dinglemunch! J&S is a very amusing comic :)

Glasko
Most certainly a big congratulations :) (that, and lots of beer :cheers:). Keep it going!!

Naffworld
Congrats man! Hope you'll be around for a long time yet! :cheers:

goonigoogoo
Congratulations Dingle! High five! The first year is always the toughest