: automatic upload

The Unknown Comic
I'm looking for help uploading my last comics. I may be out of town when the last comics are suppose to update.
Here's the set up... I use Dreamweaver MX and a simple picture viewer for the comics itself. I am not a professional of any computer language. As you can see, I very much rely on Dreamweaver to build my site.

Is there any solutions? or ideas? or am I a hopeless case?

OK, I know I am a hopeless case, but have you got any ideas? :Puzzled:

Litazia Tanxashira
Let me see if I understand what you're asking...

You need some way of automatically updating the comic... *and* automatically updating the index page? Or rather, the scripts attached to it? (They look hardcoded to me... forgive me if I'm wrong!)

Hrm... the simplest thing to do is to create a directory on your server (called "upload," say) and upload all relevant pictures and index files (this assumes hardcodedness), and set up a timed script to copy the relevant files at the relevant time.

So like, Tuesday's comic (and *only* Tuesday's comic!) is "uploaded" for Tuesday... at a time you specify.

It's certainly doable... there's probably any number of us that could whip a simple script like that up... what OS is your server running, do you know?

Xoom
i prefer setting up a crontab, and proccessing images through the db. But what litazia said will work just fine.

Litazia Tanxashira
Xoom: I don't know if TUC knows what a crontab is. I'm trying to explain in everyday English, just in case :D

Xoom
Litazia: actually, i was just showing off. :D

ACTUALLY... i was in the middle of setting one up when i wrote that.