: Matrix Parodies

Hank
C'mon... you know somebody's bound to do one. I don't plan on so much doing a parody in the traditional sense, but the Matrix : Revolutions will take a small part in my upcoming storyline beginning on Wednesday(That IS when it comes out, right?).

So if anyone plans on doing anything, I'd like to know so that I could link you all in Wednesday's newspost.

Stickmaster Brad
While Keanu Reeves is actually a character in my (once) comic, I did make a parody of Reloaded after I saw it!

Now presenting, The Sticktrix Reblob-o'ed:

chikin
Shit.

I'm going to have to go internet-free until I've seen Revolutions, aren't I? 'cos some bugger's gonna go and ruin it. Nggghhhh.

rezo
Gah. We just finished a matrix parody season didn't we? I hope people don't bother. They should pick random classic cinema to parody instead.

Like Cover Girl for instance. Maybe they could reproduce the scene where Gene Kelly is dancing against himself and after he shatters the glass that his copy was in to destroy him, the ghost could reappear and say "I hate you" in that classic style of internet humor~

MaRiNe
I don't like matrix enough to parody it, just like lord of the rings, its over rated and a trilogy, from a galaxy far far away....

I think I parodied something in a guest comic somewhere, I'll look around and see.

MaRiNe
Shit.

I'm going to have to go internet-free until I've seen Revolutions, aren't I? 'cos some bugger's gonna go and ruin it. Nggghhhh.

I just saw reloaded last night.

I assure you its gonna have a happy ending with fucking neo leaveing the destroyed matrix and the humans being saved.

Obviously. I'd really like it if it had a bad ending, theres never a movie(excludeing scarface) were it shows the truth of what happens to the people. Eventually they die. We all die. Fuck. :Popcorn:

EmoKid
I did for Reloaded..it was my fourth or fifth comic so it was terrible for that reason I doubt I will do it for Revolutions...:( I still havent seen two towers yet

Dinglemunch
Parodies after the first movie were funny, then the joke got overkilled, just like all of the Blair Witch parodies.

Then Matrix Reloaded came out, and all the parodies got rolled out again. And overkilled again.

So what makes anyone think that yet another parody is going to be funny?

Trig13
What someone should do is have the Matrix-slowdown in an anticlimatic event, like when the character's eating cereal or something. *looks around* PATENT PENDING!

Hank
Parodies after the first movie were funny, then the joke got overkilled, just like all of the Blair Witch parodies.

Then Matrix Reloaded came out, and all the parodies got rolled out again. And overkilled again.

So what makes anyone think that yet another parody is going to be funny?

Who said anything about it being funny? I just wanted to know who was doing one.

Frank G
I have a rant in comic form that was ready for Matrix Reloaded but we just never got round to doing it. It's about webcomics that do Matrix parodies.

Hank
I agree that they are done to death, but I didn't realize that was the popular opinion around here. Such an enlightened crowd...

But regardless of how cliche, derivative, and just plain unfunny many of them may be, I still am curious to read them. I'm sort of doing a parody of matrix parodies, but even that's been overdone. Pretty soon the parodies of the parodies will become parodies of themselves.It's as if I'm trapped in some sort of.... parody....o...trix.....

PrfectGREG
Around my 100th comic I made a bunch of Marrix comics... they rule

Zspade
I think it's a silly fad, all of the matrix parodies. It's too cliche to do, because EVERYONE is doing it. Hell even I did one, and I feel shame for it, as should all of you.

Glasko
Not a huge fan of matrix parodies. Even the movie industry is overdoing it... the real question is... which one is your favorite? The Kung Pow cow fight scene rocks the house. Done by Jeff Lew (http://www.jefflew.com).

Eddache
i've got something lined up for Thursday (as Wednesday has my Bonfire Night strip). it's not really a Matrix parody, more of a Matrix reference. usually i don't like reference comics (http://www.bolloxcomics.co.uk/main/strips.php?comic=020516) but this is a one-off!

Danno
I don't have anything planned, though I tossed the ol' Reloaded-parody banner back up since Revolutions is debuting. I plan to replace it soon, probably with some reference to my recent "magical girl" mockery.

What I really want to parody at some point is my fave animated movie, Don Bluth's "The Secret of NIMH." That'll be pretty fun, for the few people in the audience who get it.

Zspade
As far as matrix Parodies go, I always enjoyed your banner.

Stickmaster Brad
What I really want to parody at some point is my fave animated movie, Don Bluth's "The Secret of NIMH." That'll be pretty fun, for the few people in the audience who get it.

Ugh, the book was so much better. I do believe there was a sequel to that movie, though.

Now, more on topic, it never hurts to do a parody of a popular movie that NO ONE would parody (aside from movie comics, which parody all of them..... Er, not Movie Comics, but movie comics.... well, Movie Comics too...). For example, I'm sure a lot of people saw the Evil Dead series, why not do a parody of that?

"THIS.... is my BOOMSTICK!"
"That....doesn't really look like a stick."
*BLAM-O!*
"Anyone else want some?"
"Uh.... no, I don't think we want to get killed."
*BLAM-O!*
"Okay, now that was just uncalled for."

goonigoogoo
I'm not doing a matrix parody because the last time I did a movie reference six other comics also did the same joke and I got angry emails about plagiarism

MaRiNe
Which is why I parody the next of the next things, Spider Man 3 spidey vs the lizard!

Hardy har har!

goonigoogoo
Well I'm gonna parody spiderman FOUR then

Glasko
I'm not doing a matrix parody because the last time I did a movie reference six other comics also did the same joke and I got angry emails about plagiarism

That's like accusing somebody who's plagiarized off of a person who’s plagiarized of plagiarism.

samfish
its funny...the movie comes out today, and yet, the ONLY commercials i saw at all on TV were the ones on TBS when they were playing the original matrix. are they trying to sink it or something?!

Which is why I parody the next of the next things, Spider Man 3 spidey vs the lizard!

actually, the speculation (last i heard, anyways) is that it'll be venom. not the lizard for the 3rd flick. and thats just sam raimi's wishful thinking.
...i don't know if i want to see venom just yet.

...so says the dork.

Danno
Ugh, the book was so much better. I do believe there was a sequel to that movie, though.
Yes, a direct-to-video piece of crap that really, really sucks. (Think of all the Land Before Time dtv sequels). If you're not a fan of the theatrical release, the sequel almost falls into the "so bad it's good" category. But personally, I can't ever bring myself to watch it again.

But the whole "book vs. movie" issue doesn't really stand for me. I don't really think of them as the same story, so I like them both. The movie is about Mrs. Brisby, and the book is about the rats of NIMH. The book only uses the mouse family as a plot device to get into its real story, the education of the NIMH rats. The movie does precisely the opposite, and uses the NIMH rats as the plot device to get you to watch the story of Mrs. Brisby. Basically, the book did the kind of story that works well in writing, and the movie did the kind of story that works better on screen. But even considering that, I suppose your enjoyment of the movie boils down to whether or not you enjoy watching overemotional dramas that put cutesy characters through hell. (Which reminds me, gotta order Brigadoon vol. 3...)

Er, what was the topic again?

hit_or_miss54680
Today'c comic is VERY Matrix orriented for me...

claytonian
Its not an overdone cliche until I do it.

rezo
Well I'm gonna parody spiderman FOUR then

What about a parody of Funny Face? You could focus on the scene where Fred Astaire(?-I don't remember) is singing about how he's "accustomed to her face"( A song that was in My Fair Lady to "WTF" ), and she's turned around, until the final panel where she looks back and has clown make up on or something. Sure sure.

Some day I'm going to make a comic full of bad parodies referencing movies that the youth haven't seen. It'll be the best comic ever.

Hank
Some day I'm going to make a comic full of bad parodies referencing movies that the youth haven't seen. It'll be the best comic ever.

If there's one thing the kids love, it's parodies of movies they haven't seen.

goonigoogoo
my upcoming series on Cool as Ice and Mr Nanny will totally rock their faces then

Hank
Cool As Ice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

goonigoogoo
Then when their defences are lowered I can totally take them down and make them my permanent forever-slaves with my Be Somebody or Be Somebody's fool parody