: Starbobcomic

Peanut
I just found this one In my opinion its quite funny. But it is very new. They spoof movies in sprite comic form.

www.starbobcomic.com

I like it so I decided to spread the word.

samfish
...is this yours or something? are you asking for a crit?
i don't get it.

Rao!
According to my occult powers, it's someone advertising the comic of someone else. Well, not as much as advertising as just showing it to us.

Or something.

samfish
well, my powers are telling me that this comic sucks. the navigation links didn't work. despite my great powers, i was unable to look past the second-to-last comic.

i liked your fishy avatar, better, BTW. heh- i've been meaning to say something about that for some time, now.

Stickmaster Brad
Huh, this comic isn't half bad. Some of the jokes are pretty good. Despite being a sprite comic, it works well. It's one of those comics where looks don't really matter much. The only pet-peeve is that, like most sprite comics, the sprites are too small, most of the time. Good, otherwise.

Ethane
It's another Mega Man sprite comic.

I don't care if Shakespeare himself wrote it. I'm SICK of Mega Man sprites.

Peanut
Guilty as charged. Yea it is my comic allong with some others. I did the mysterious post thing cause I really don't know how people will respond. Its mostly an experiment.

Before I started I knew absolutly nothing about web sites and graphic design period. Considering where I started I think the site looks pretty good. And about the sprite characters They are also basic cause thats whats available. I've been wanting to change them but well there is not point in putting all that work in something that nobody cares about.

Which brings me here I want feedback about the content. If its good then I will put the time and energy into making the characters less ripped off. And if it sucks then It will die like a lame sit-com.

Jester
Um, backwards causation much?

Quality comic and characters first, good feedback second.

Unless I've stepped into bizzaro world...

Zspade
Somebody watched seinfield today, you know who you are.

I'd say just don't use megaman sprites. Everybody on this board is sick of em, Hell, I myself have done quite a lot of ripping on them.

Good luck, it's not horrendous as most of the megaman sprite comics I've seen.

fiftyandhalifax
ITS FUCKIN SHIT. f'christs sake.

Eddache
Guilty as charged. Yea it is my comic allong with some others. I did the mysterious post thing cause I really don't know how people will respond. Its mostly an experiment.

Before I started I knew absolutly nothing about web sites and graphic design period. Considering where I started I think the site looks pretty good. And about the sprite characters They are also basic cause thats whats available. I've been wanting to change them but well there is not point in putting all that work in something that nobody cares about.

Which brings me here I want feedback about the content. If its good then I will put the time and energy into making the characters less ripped off. And if it sucks then It will die like a lame sit-com.

1) Had you said from the beginning that this was your comic instead of 'the mysterious approach', then people may of had a bit more respect for it. Also the fact that you registered purely to plug a comic 'you just found', kinda gives the game away. Not a good start to joining these forums...

2) There are MILLIONS and MILLIONS of sprites you could of chosen from. Megaman ones are done to death now, no use flogging a dead horse. It's obvious you've gone for the 'Bob And George' approach here. Don't. Get you're own approach.

3) And surely from the fact that "no-one cares about it" suggests you should change them and make people care about it. If you don't want to put work into your comic, why bother making a comic in the first place.

4) For most of the comics, the words "i don't get it" arise a lot. this is not a good sign.

Peanut
Well thank you I think I've gotten all I kneeded from this little chat. Goodbye.

fiftyandhalifax
glad I could help.

bjart23
One down. 55,000,034 to go. And then we move on to the French Mégahomme webcomics.

Eddache
Well thank you I think I've gotten all I kneeded from this little chat. Goodbye.

Well it's your choice. i gave you solid advice on your comic. I pointed out the flaws to show you where you need to improve. You can either take my comments into consideration and come back with a better comic or give up all together. If you do give it up, don't say it was because of our negative feedback - it's because of your lack of effort.

Dinglemunch
To the untrained eye, this would be cannon fodder for those who say that this forum is elitist. However, I don't think that's the case here.

Eddache's right, Peanut...by pretending to be someone else just "spreading the word" about this new and exciting webcomic, you brought this upon yourself. It's no different than getting a spam e-mail from some person you've never heard of, saying "Hey, you've got to check out this new ______ because I recommended it to you and because we're such great friends you can totally trust me".

Can we close this thread now?

Peanut
Well it's your choice. i gave you solid advice on your comic. I pointed out the flaws to show you where you need to improve. You can either take my comments into consideration and come back with a better comic or give up all together. If you do give it up, don't say it was because of our negative feedback - it's because of your lack of effort.

I never said anything about giving up. And yes I will take these comments into consideration.

Can we close this thread now?

Knock yourself out.