: *Shameless Plug*

Joe Jones
Hello. I'd like to take the opportunity to advertise my web-comic. Hopefully you won't discount it just because I'm a newbie. Everyone has to start somewhere. The comic is called "New World" and can be found at www.drunkduck.com/New_World (Caps important)

Here's a sample comic:

http://www.drunkduck.com/New_World/1068065846grim1.jpg

Stickmaster Brad
A little too early to really to tell if it's good or not, but I think this is one of the better beginnings of the comic that I've seen. Most comics have a sorta bland "Oh, we're in a comic, time to do crazy stuff" beginning. You get straight to the point. Catchy, funny, thumbs up.

One suggestion, make the font a little bigger. I can read it, but it'd be less of a strain.

samfish
you should have better fonts ingeneral. you aren't a sprite comic. use a hand written font. i'm picky about those things.

ad a BG. and make your characters move around a little bit. they just stand there, doing nothing. they don't even have expressions. so yeah- put a little bit more work into your efforts. it'll make a gargantuan difference.

i can't say much about the writing. drunk duck doesn't seem to be loading for me, right now...i'm not sure if its my computer or DD's servers. either way, i'll look at your actual site as soon as i can.

PokeGravy
How many times must we say: ten comics up before you post your new site here! But, yeah, I know it's tempting to put up a new site right when you make it.

Anyway, I do agree that it's good how it starts right into it. The art needs some more variety even if it's going to be a lot of still shots and be a copy and paste style. Add backgrounds, more expressions and movements. A comic is no place to be lazy.

The writing I can't tell. You only have two strips up, and neither of them did it for me. Both of them had the same format with the silent soft punchline. But the Lyndon Johnson thing was just random, and seemed trying to be random-funny but just plain random.

Post again when you have ten strips, and good luck!

goonigoogoo
At least change Arnold's expression! C'mon! Move his pupils or something. Using copy paste doesn't mean you have to be an absolutely lazy bastard

Rao!
And do not underestimate the power of body language.

hit_or_miss54680
I don't like the font but other then that it's alright.

fyl
Arnolds face cracks me up... is he ded? in limbo or something?

Joe Jones
Arnold isn't dead, much as Grim wishes he was. He just somehow has the ability to reach death's domain and annoy him.