: to....many.....PLOT TWISTS!!!!!!!

derr
Reading today's comic I am insanley counfused and scared.

Nioi this,wierd pic of that one girl that,nest this,Damien that.

and more damn alternate universes than times Michel Jackson has had plastic surgery.

and what is with Lord Tedd? HE LOOKS MORE LIKE A GIRL THAN THE ORIGINAL TEDD!!!

and poor grace in the other universe looks like a combanation of steriods and Arnold Schwazenhager ( exuse spelling)

I mean don't get me wrong, I love the comic more than anything but I am so fricken confused that it's pathetic!!!

I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!!!!!!!
:headshot:
*at derr's feet was a revolver with a recently emptied chamber*

Steppenraptor
Take it easy man! It'll get explained when the time is right. Ride the suspense; it's exciting. If everything were explained all at once, no one would still be reading. Dan is an excellent storyteller with excellent pace and suspense.

If you start getting really confused though, just read through the archives again, things may get clearer after another time through. Also, try reading through the discussions in the reactions subforum; there's usually some great stuff there.

cow bell man
Confused? Join the club. ^_^

Just keep up with the story and it will all come clear. (it always does). In fact, I like my plot twists to have a bunch of knots in it untell it gets untied. Just hang in their for the ride. :)

level5nerd
and what is with Lord Tedd? HE LOOKS MORE LIKE A GIRL THAN THE ORIGINAL TEDD!!!

I still think that's "Prince Nanar" (or something), not Lord Tedd.

Ryvaken Tal`Draco
Hey, if the bullets missed, I gots a lotta swords n shizit that'll get the job done. Is death by crossbow OK?

What?

Faye
There may be plot twists! But the majority of them are cute, Catboy Elliot, new were-girl and Lord Tedd are points in fact!

DarkShive
Yes, the whole thing with Nioi adds a great deal of confusing elements to the story. If it wasn't for the necessity of the inclusion of this aspect of the story for many, many future stories to work, I wouldn't even have it here for the sake of making the story less confusing. As it is necessary, however, this aspect remains, and I'll do my best to make it so it is not TOO mind numbing to have this amount of stuff going on. Plus, I'm going to be making a story guide for Painted Black that will grow with each part's conclusion, which should help (Painted Black through part I should be up in the story guide section before or by Sunday, November 9th).

If it wasn't for the necessity of the inclusion of this aspect of the story for many, many future stories to work, I wouldn't even have it here ...

!

That sounds as if Nioi (which currently seems to be the mysterious girl from yesterday) would become a permanent cast member!
Cool!

derr
Hey Dan, I like that you want to make the comic less confusing and all but don't make changes just to please one person, be yourself.

This is offtopic but, from what I know, your still single, I'm sure we the bunnies would love to get you de-bachlorized.

And if not, there's always reality TV ;)

Dark_Sword
I'm following this pretty well. The only thing that confuses me is how Dan came up with the name Nioi. I've never heard a name like that...

Shanara99
Mmmm

Dan is an evil cartonist... as has been said in some other thread...

He always do this kind of things on friday. I'd hate Dan id I would not be in love with Dan's characters...

BTW... there are not so many plot twists... What do you want, a straight story? Would that be funny? I think not.

DarkShive
I'm not changing anything; I'm just well aware of the complexity myself. I'm not sure what Derr was getting at, but it is somewhat ironic that my relationship status should be brought up (will make sense Sunday)

Steppenraptor
but it is somewhat ironic that my relationship status should be brought up (will make sense Sunday)

Uhhh...

*blink* *blink*

*blink* *blink*

huh?????

Don't tell me Dan's Doppelganger finally changed her mind (j/k Dan! ;))

Swarm
This should be interesting...

Typical, Dan's doing the suspense thing even on the non-comic Saturday!

Tropylium
I'm following this pretty well. The only thing that confuses me is how Dan came up with the name Nioi. I've never heard a name like that...
I can give you a dozen of those sorts of names before you can pronounce "riiuuyöaieauer".

How would "Auyfrl", "Fuppo", or "Vjadda" sound? Continuing with "Toqqi", "Yst", "Pbeijyeh", "Alakxal", "Uemnio", Esliigmu", "Vajp", "Narvo" and "Fdi"...

It's all about the quality of your inbuilt random number generator. Mine's in top condition. :D

///rtf

"Nioi" has actually a meaning (http://www.webcomic.net/forums/showpost.php?p=1210045&postcount=60)

paintbrawler
Ok, I dont know what to think about this comic, now I am going to be sick since I have now seen two mistery comics in three days :Puzzled: MUST FIND OUT WHAT HAPPENS TOMMOROW! EVIL CARTOONIST YOU ARE DAN (as in the words of Barnicle Man) EVIL!!!!!

Xero1
what make egs less confusing who in the world would want to do that?? thats what i like about egs i don't know whats going on. so far the only thing i could have geussed would happen was elliots transformation in to were-cat form. i like not knowing whats going on until it goes on.

cyberseth
Yes it seems that EGS now has more plot twists than all 3 matrix movies put together. However, here is the sense that I can make out of it:

At first I thought that this was not the "Lord Tedd" universe, because of the niceness of the alternative Tedd in the strip. However, I reconsidered my suspicion after re-reading and noticing that the grunt (whom I consider as an evil, male alternative Grace [look at the hair]) called him "M'Lord" and seems to be the same grunt as in the background of the picture that Grace found on Tedd's computer.

Nioi I reckon is that cool were-chick on the title of this series, since she is missing from that universe so no doubt comes into the "real" universe to join our heroes, probably seeking help for something. Best guess is that she may be an alternative to Sarah, considering her very light, straight hair.

Yep, anyway, the only thing that really bugs me now is what this Tedd is really like. In previous experiences of "Lord Tedd", he has seemed a very evil being with the intent of destroying Good Tedd. Yet in this comic he doesn't have that ill-favoured look. Hmm actually considering also that he doesn't look enough like the "Lord Tedd" drawn in the "Villain's Party" filler comic, I'm wondering again whether this really is the "Lord Tedd" universe or instead yet another one.

Zmoore0890
Lord Tedd wasn't in the villan party filler. General Shade-Tail was.

DuffTheTragicWagon
It's definitely the Alpha dimension. The way Dan said so in one of the reaction threads sort of gave it away. ;)

Tropylium
Another case... remember the TF gun's "Scully" form? (http://www.elgoonishshive.com/d/20030319.html)What did Tedd make that one for??

Ijuin
I expect that Tedd has Scully fantasies or something similar, so he made the Scully form for fun.

Acea
Or possibly it was a joke based on Gillian's name, as he was working on that mode for Will & Gill.