: Jess & staN, a relatively new comic to stare at.

Dr.H
Hello all.

Yes this is yet another sad attempt at getting people to look at yet another web comic.

Anyway, since this is the place to do that, here's the first comic, if you have the time check out the rest.
http://www.jessnstan.3vil.org/strips/1.gif (www.jessnstan.3vil.org)

Feedback and suggestions would be appreciated!

Thanks.

3Dave
You've got a great style. I think your artwork is top notch. The way you frame things and handle angles such in the 4th panel of the one you posted here is really well done. I feel a "sinfest" vibe when I read it, but not too much. Just a hint.

The jokes are a bit stale, in my opinion, and most of them seem to try and get a laugh from simply being offensive or from using a joke that has been done before. In other words, you should do extremely well on the internet.

I'm not saying the writing is way off, it just needs some tweaking. Some of them made me laugh, and I think overall you have a really good comic in the works here. I'll be reading more from time to time.

Snake
Heheh, I really like this one. Great line art, interesting concept. I dig it.

The only suggestion that I could make is that some of the fonts are a little hard to read. In particular, the italics comes out a bit light.

Keep up the good work. I'll be checking back in for sure.

SuicidalCow
oh man, number 24 is the shiznit! i like the font a lot, what is it?

Pig Related
Yeah, I like it... You got the whole 'jesus/monkey/wuz-wasted-so-no-comic' thing going on.

Keep it up!

Dr.H
Hey, thanks guys.

yeah, the funny is something I definitely have to work on. Often I find myself more worried about what it looks like, which really should come second in a comic

As far as the 'font' (which I think you mean what I use for the dates, titles, and staN's dialog) it isn't a font, its all hand(mouse) drawn. Everything else are just random fonts that came with windows, I'm not even sure what the titles are off-hand.
I did notice some things are hard to read, I'll be more carefull with that in the future.

Anyways, thanks again for the kind words and constructive critisism.

More of both are welcome!

chikin
Hee, funny, I just read this today, off your Buzz banners. :D I love the Jess banner. XD But yeah! I enjoyed it! Some are funnier than others, but it's generally a fun ride, so yeah. :D The art kicks, although occasionally Stan's dialogue is hard to read...I'm not sayinng anything that hasn't been said already, am I? XD nah, it's cool. :)

I like Jess, he surprises me. He's a little terrified, rebel Jesus, and I think he's brilliant. :D I'd like to see him up against Super Demolition Christ sometime. It'd be a short fight, but the look on Jess' face would be priceless. :D

DistAdvent
Well, I first want to say that the subject really doesn't appeal to me although I believe there was aspects that I could see were very good.

One reason it did not appeal to me was just the humor. I guess it isn't how you decided to impliment it because any style used for this subject of humor I would still dislike. But, there definitely were things in the comic that I enjoyed. The art I believe is the most prominent aspect of your comic. And, I don't even see color as being necessary in your comic because of the style of your art.

The writing I believe could use some improvement. And, I also am experiencing the problem of small text size. But, as far as the humor, it is difficult for me to really comment on that. Although I did not really enjoy the humor, the remainder of the comic was enjoyable then.