: Help!!! (PHP hates me)

Noobster
Hi, I'm in a major predicament, so any help would be greatly appreciated! Okay, here's my problem. I'm trying to make a webcomic... got the idea, got the computer... now, in I.T. in school, we were given an assignment, ie. to make a webpage (plus documentation, but thats not the prob) so I said... why not combine the webcomic and the proj, and kill two birds with one stone! (or horribly maim them) However... I have reached a recent conclusion that PHP hates me... after about a week of finetuning the php/apache/Mysql ini files to get em running (later i found a inst. prog that does it all for you at once... :( ) I unzipped istrip and.... have some questions
1) when it tells me to upload teh folders, does it matter if the site is only on a local host (offline whatever)
2) Do i need to use PHP if teh sites only offline
3) Can u recomend any good comic engines (free, PHP preferred after that week wasted) + any help for teh n00b to get em runnin
4) Any tips on layout desing (how big should teh top+side navbarz be in pixel (i make em in photoshop+imageready)
5) anything else! pweezze! :O_o: any anything asap plz, my dec holidays start in a few days, and i'm going to my grandparents place (no internet, i have to bring my comp to get the proj done)
thanks!